cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I download an IOS file?

mikewsteele
Level 1
Level 1

I've been configuring routers and switches for at least 15 years and I've been using the Cisco web site that long too, but I'm not having any success today.

All I want to do is download an IOS for a 6509 switch and I need a specific level, but I can't seem to find it.

The download section asks me what features I want, etc., etc., but I can't seem to select the appropriate features so that it finds the file I need.

I need this file:  s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin

Can someone tell me how I can download that specific file from Cisco.com?

I've been bouncing around the Cisco web site for over 5 hours now and I'm not able to figure out how to get that file.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

From cisco.com, you click on support, click on "Download Software" and

naviagate from there.  However, I supsect your problem is that your login can't see

that area because you don't have a valid contract bound to your CCO ID.  If you don't have a valid contract associated to your login, you won't be able to download the related software.

I've had a CCO account for years but you may have a point about the contracts assigned to my CCO ID because I made the mistake of changing my employer on my profile this morning and that may have deleted all the contracts that were associated with my previous employer.

I can get to the software download area, but if I try to search for the specific file (s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin) it comes back with "not found".  If I go through the whole process of specifying the model and features it recommends s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD7b(ED).bin, but of course that isn't the file I'm looking for.

I'm thinking about trying to download something simple and more generic like a 2600 router IOS (c2600-i-mz.123-26.bin) to see if I run into the same roadblocks.

Why can't it just be easy?  I'd like to be able to just put in the IOS I want and then download it.  So far it looks like I have to come up with the magic formula for what features I want on this particular 6509 so that it recommends s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD6 instead of s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD7b(ED).

Thanks for replying.

Mike

UPDATE:

I was able to successfully download an IOS for a 2611 router, so I assume I still have access to the download section.  I just can't find the right path to the 6509 image I need. (s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin)

Hi Micheal,

Here is the path to get to the required image you need:

switches-----LAN switches core-----6500 series----select the type of chassis ----type of supervisor---image

Regards,

Swati

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card