cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How i can select Switch based on specs requested.

taherudin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

looking for sum one guide me build the design i need to prepaire BoQ based on specs any one guide me selecting switches as per specs requared witch model will be suitable?, in advance many thanks.

Access Switch:

• The Access switches meant for each floor IDF, FTR, MTR shall be 12/24/48 port auto negotiating 10/100/1000 Base-TX supporting POE (power over Ethernet 802.3af) and PoE+ (IEEE 802.3 at), in addition to at least two SFP modular slots supports 10Gbps uplinks.
  • The Access Switches should be Stackable and managed as a Single switch for Management
  • Edge switches at the floor level spaces shall have the ability to be connected to external redundant power supply.
  • The switching capacity /switching fabric shall not be less than 64 Gbps per switch.
  • Packet classification at Layers 2/3/4 at wire speed to provide security, filtering, and quality of service at the edge of the network.
  • Ability to aggregate ports from different switch stack members and operate in Active/Active load-sharing mode either Fiber/Copper.
  • IPv6 &IPv4 support.

Layer 2:

• 802.1Q (Virtual LAN support).
  • 802.3ad (Link aggregation).
  • Voice VLAN.
  • 802.1D (Spanning tree protocol-STP).
  • 802.1w (Rapid spanning tree protocol-RSTP).
  • 802.1s (Multiple spanning tree protocol-MSTP).
  • BPDU (bridge protocol data unit) protection.
  • IGMP (Internet grouping management protocol) version 1, 2, 3.
  • Filtering for multicast groups.

Layer 3:

• All Layer2 Features Plus.
  • RIPv1/v2 (Routing information protocol support).
  • IPv4 and IPv6 OSPF.
  • Support static routing.
  • Hardware based routing.
  • Support routing policies.
  • PIM

Security:

• DHCP snooping.
  • Support access lists at layers 2, 3 & 4.
  • 802.1X.
  • TACACS+/RADUIS.
  • Port security based on MAC address.
  • MAC and IP based filters.

Regards

Taher

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The Access Switches should be Stackable and managed as a Single switch for Management

It's either 3650 or 3850.

View solution in original post

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Taher,

To add to Leo comment, Have a look on the FAQ for cisco 3850 switches.Most of the queries would be answered.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/qa_c67-722110.html

Hope it Helps..

-GI

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The Access Switches should be Stackable and managed as a Single switch for Management

It's either 3650 or 3850.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Taher,

To add to Leo comment, Have a look on the FAQ for cisco 3850 switches.Most of the queries would be answered.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/qa_c67-722110.html

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card