I want to add 1 access control list entry on more than 60 cisco devices. Please guide if there is another way to do this apart from manually login to each device and add the entry. Thank you.
Go to Solution.
free utility - putty command sender - try this
if I remember it correctly. below are steps
1. list all 60 devices in excelsheet
2. open putty command sender
3. reference that excel sheet in putty command sender (there is one trick but I forgot that right now)
4. once you open, you will login to 60 devices at one shot
5. add your config at one shot
6. do write mem
7. save config.
all the best!!
View solution in original post
Ciscoworks, HP Network automation, Solarwinds....
I am aware of these solutions and they are paid software. Is there any other way to achieve this ?
Thank you very much Jigar. Putty Command Sender made the job easier although it was not completely automated.
1. I Putty Telnetted (logged in) into 10 devices at a time on which I wanted to issue the commands.
2. Opened Putty Command Sender and seleted "All Puttys" under Putty Filter.
3. Clicked on "Tile" button to tile Putty Windows on Desktop so that I can see whats going on the devices.
4. Issued "Config t"..Pressed Enter key.
5. Issues Access List command..Pressed Enter Key
6. Typed Exit and then saved config using "copy run start"
7. Verified with "show access-list" command
8. Typed Exit and it closed all opened Putty Windows
Once again thanks.
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: