Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,Consider im having the following network setup as illustrated in the picture.What would be the best way to configure management vlans for use with telnet? Do i need to assign an ip address to the different management vlans within the range of a...

Michel_VZ by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

According to my boss every 3 to 4 months he has to restart our 2821 with a 16-esw module installed because of a low memory issue dealing with CEF. Here is the exact error message.%% Low on memory; try again laterJun  8 11:18:51.777: %FIB-2-FIBDOWN: C...

Hey Guys,I have 10 new AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9 connected to a WS-C3750X-48PF-L switch.  8 of the APs power on and connect perfectly, but two are problematic.Both devices are granted power, but they never go past the stage of getting power from the switch. ...

I want to do VSS with two 10GBs connections between 2 6500 series switches.What if I "mix and match" the media transmission types by using the 10GBs fiber connection on the Supervisor 2T and a copper 10GB connection on a copper 10GB blade (the 16 por...

Can a Cisco SG300-10P switch power a Cisco SG200-08 switch over POE?  Or an SG200-08P power an SG200-08 via POE?  I have an area where I'd like to put a small switch, but would like to avoid having to have electrical power run to it.  Or will the SG3...

jeffdavis by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to connect WS-C2960S-48TD-L switch to WS-X6708-10G-3CXL module in Cisco WS-C6503-E switch. WS-X6708-10G-3CXL is C6K 8 port 10 Gigabit Ethernet module with DFC3CXL which requires X2 module. on the otherhand, WS-C2960S-48TD-L requires SFP+. N...

Hi All!My question is about deploying MacSec over L2 MAN provider.I have HQ office and some Big office linked via MAN provider VLAN(X). Same provider provides L3 MPLS service with other VLAN(Y) for low speed far shops and offices.  Can I use MACSEC o...

Hi everybody.My book says " A campus network is an enterprise network consisting of many lans in one or more buildings, all connected and usualy in the same geographic area.Campus network commonly consists of ethernet.802.11 wireless lan,high speeds ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I have a 3750 switch with IP routing enabled and have lots of VLANs configured on this switch.What is the best way to prevent VLANs from talking to each other?At the same time, hosts inside their respective VLANs should not be blocked from re...

I just purchased a 1941w router to see if we want to use this to replace our existing routers and external access points. At each of our locations we have 1  subnet that has a server, AP, router, switch, etc. I would like to configure the AP and the ...

Hi All,I have few questions regarding the Cisco 3750X.1. Maximum number of ARP table entries supported2. Maximum IPv4 unicast routes and multicast routes supported in hardware.3. Maximum IPv6 unicast routes and multicast routes supported in hardware....

Resolved! K values

Hi all,I have a question on K values used in eigrp routing...It is said that to form a neighborship, k values must be the same; Is it necessary that K values weight must be same??eigrp by default uses k1 and k3 i.e. bandwidth and delay with weight 1....