Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Aliases IP address in cisco 9300

myusuf
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts 

I have cisco 9300 alias IP address is configured as 192.168.0.1 from the supplier 

How i can remove it or change this ip address since i have a device connected to the switch have the same ip address and unchangeable 

7 Replies 7

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

is this an alias IP/DNS that you SSH to the 9300?

can you post the portion of the 9300 config that you'd like to change/remove?

I think yes , but i will confirm tommorrow when i go the field (Site) and i will post the config.

Appreciated your support 

the Interface Vlan0 IP Address was 192.168.0.1 and it was conflicting with an Industrial Device (PLC) which is taking the same IP address, and it was resolved as follows :

- Show Ip interface brief ( Vlan0 was 192.168.0.1)

- Config t 

- Interface Vlan 0 

- No Ip address

- exit

-Write memory 

Appreciated 

The change that you show certainly resolves the issue of duplicated IP address. I do wonder what that IP address for vlan 0 was doing? And whether removing the address impacts anything? Was there anything in the config that refers to vlan 0 or refers to 192.168.0?

HTH

Rick

when i start up the 9300 , i found the VLAN 0 taking this IP Address (192.168.0.1) and PLC( Other device)  is online as i can't change the ip address, as you said yes there is duplicated IP Address, and this Ip Address was for SSH WebUI so i have removed it and now it works fine, i can take the data now from the PLC now 

even i switch off the switch in order to confirm that the configuration still there and yes it works fine

hi,

do you have a DHCP server handing out 192.168.0.x/24?

make sure there's static or reserved IP assigned for your LAN devices to avoid any IP conflict.

Dear John ,

yes i confirm with the vendor and he said yes it a static IP Address, Really appreciated your assistance 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card