cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to communicate between these two networks?

arif suhaimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i am configuring a network in the packet tracer. However, i could not connect between these two networks:

Screenshot 2022-01-23 023038.png

can anyone please help me

4 Replies 4

I-TECH
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon Sir-

You only have one network...!

172.16.14.0 is your network.

Any other device configured with an IP Address within this range is also on the same connected network!

EXAMPLE:

ETC...

If you would like to split your network so that you have 2 different networks or segments, you would need 2 routers or 2 network switches with routing enabled on the devices.

EXAMPLE:

ROUTER-1 IP ADDRESS 172.16.14.1

ROUTER-2 IP ADDRESS 172.16.100.1

OR 

EXAMPLE:

MANAGED NETWORK SWITCH-1 WITH ROUTING IP ADDRESS 172.16.14.1

MANAGED NETWORK SWITCH-2 WITH ROUTING IP ADDRESS 172.16.100.1

Configure your Workstations with the correct Network IP Address for each network along with the correct default gateway and then configure the default routes on the Router or The Switches with Routing Enabled to access the other network(s)...

I hope this helps...!

@I-TECH states that there is a single network. But looking at the diagram it is clear that the subnet mask being used is /26. And with that mask it is clear that there is a unique subnet on MP1 and a separate unique subnet on MP2. What is not clear in the diagram is what connects MP1 to MP2. Logically that would seem to be a third subnet. But the diagram does not tell us what it is.

HTH

Rick

@Richard Burts 

You're absolutely right...

I couldn't see that last device all the way down in the corner all I could see was the top portion of the screen.

I had to adjust my resolution to see it.

THX

No Problem. It is an easy mistake to make. We have all made the mistake of responding to a post when we failed to notice (or to see) an important detail. One of the advantages of this community is that there are multiple eyes looking at the posts and frequently some of us will see things that others of us missed.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card