Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Folks - please forgive my stupidity, but it's been a while since I gave STP more than 2 seconds of mind-time. So...every, and I mean every, tutorial I read/watch on You Tube shows how STP convergence takes place by showcasing only the connections bet...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

During the hardware replacement of a 5 member switch stack, I realized after cabling two of the five switches that the switches were configured out of order. I had prepared them in order and after racking them I verified their order with serial numbe...

DHGmem by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey, We have five Cisco 1000 switches here, and they're currently stacked in a stack of five switches. I'm not entirely sure how we remove that configuration? Is it a case of that it'll just "break" once we take the relevant cables out? Or is it a ca...

When I config EEM: !event manager applet Test_EEMevent cli pattern "ena" sync yesaction 1 cli command "ena"action 2 cli command "conf t"action 3 cli command "exit"action 4 cli command "end"!end Now I cannot login into my device.Please help me !Thanks...

Hello, Can someone please confirm if the StackWise Virtual will still work if both Switches' Licenses are expired? Currently, all the interfaces of the switch 2 are in down down state even if I tried to shut-noshut the interface. Appreciate any respo...

NickCisco by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I will be upgrading the SSD firmware on Nexus 93108TC-EX Switch to MU05.00 or MC03.00 to address Field Notice: FN - 72150. In case something happens, how will I be able to downgrade it to its original firmware MU01.00 as only one firmware is availabl...

Noah L by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

First, start-up of Cisco 2960X 24 Port Switch.  Waited for almost 30 minutes but the fan keeps blowing as if it just started up.  Usually, it will cycle high pitch sound, then fan noise, and go soft.  Ports for POE not active, cannot log in with IP b...

Hello,   During the packet capture we determine , that packets (multicast) from me_core(Campus core Switch) are flooded to all access switches trough the portchannels. What kind of multicast address  is 01:00:0c:cd:cd:cd ?  Do you have an idea, what ...

jgeralsky by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to enable jumbo frames on some 3560CX-12PD-S compact switches running 15.2(4)E6. The documented procedure is:system mtu jumbo 9198writereloadshow system mtuSystem MTU size is 1500 bytesSystem Jumbo MTU size is 9198 bytesSystem Alternate MTU si...

kevingrss by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco ws-c2960x-24ts-l that was part of a stack.  I am needing to separate it from the stack and change the interfaces from G2/0/1 to G1/0/1.  Can anyone offer some assistance? Thanks,Kevin

khicks337 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes