Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect a Cisco SG95-16 switch to a router

johnojl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, seeking some advice here.

I have around a dozen POS machines and printers in total, with LAN cable connections and my idea is to connect them to my Cisco SG95-16 switch. Which I will then connect the switch to my TP link 4G router (MR 6400), providing them with network. 

Just wondering if what I mentioned above does work. Or is there a correct way I should be doing it?

Any advice is welcome please help...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco SG95-16 switch - this is unmanged switch, it should work as expected - its like you extending conenction from MR6400 to other areas :

MR6400---Cisco SG95-16 switch-users

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco SG95-16 switch - this is unmanged switch, it should work as expected - its like you extending conenction from MR6400 to other areas :

MR6400---Cisco SG95-16 switch-users

BB

Hi Balaji thank you so much for your advise. 

As this is my first time using unmanaged switch, I got a bit confused when none of the 16 ports indicate any WAN or Internet labels.

So I'm just wondering which port out of the 16 ports should I connect to the router. 

does not matter any port...for easy identification i used 1 or 16 port.

BB

One issue you might run into, Ethernet ports are MDI or MDI-X (some [many, now a days] devices, though, can automatically run in the mode needed, if not, you'll need to use the "right" Ethernet cable, either straight-through or cross-over).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card