Views
Helpful
Replies

How to control port opening/closing with PC Program

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

I am trying to create a PC Program. This pc program needs a feature to open and close 48 ports, so I am trying to use "managed switch hub".

Questions
1. Is the Managed Switch Hub the only one that can open and close ports on a single hub?
Can't it be done with a regular Switch Hub?

2. Will there be API provided which can control port opening and closing through PC program?
For example
- "dll" file or "lib" file

3. If there is no API provided, can I use .bat file or command to configure port opening/closing?

If #2 and #3 above do not work, what method should I use to set the port opening/closing with PC Program? I don't even need to use the Managed Switch Hub. I just would like to control only the port.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am trying to create a PC Program. This pc program needs a feature to open and close 48 ports - This was not clear to us, you looking to open the PC ports to Listen or you looking to Manage the swtich ports ? please clarify

i am thinking - OP looking to Automate the switch port  - shut and no shut ( as per my understanding)

yes if the device support API you can do via AP.

if the device not support, still you can any Python or other - SSH and shut and no shutdown the ports

Note : subject to devices are managed devices. not legacy HUB.

there are some powershell scripts does that work for you. but i would use Python each way to do it. (if you like you can use any visual studio development kit to do this task)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card