Helpful
Replies

How to identify PORT 80 traffic on Cisco ASR 9k & 7200 serise router

rahul.bambhnia
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Actually i want to deploy caching solution in my network but before proceeding further to purchase the license of software i must need to know what is the port80 traffic based on that i can purchase the license.

its completely transparent cache solution for ISP for up link bandwidth saving(port80 & p2p-torrent) also data acceleration.

request to share your knowledge on this.

Regards,

Rahul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Often you can define an ACL to match traffic, allowing it, and then look at the ACL counters.  They should work fine on a 7200, not as sure about a ASR9K, as the latter probably has special hardware to support ACLs, and matches might not be reflected when you show the ACL.  If not, there may be additional commands to get match stats otherwise.

Also on a 7200, again not sure about the ASR9K, if NBAR is supported, you can use that for matching in CBWFQ class-maps.  They too should have match count stats.  The advantage of NBAR, it might match WEB traffic not using port 80 or Torrent traffic not matching its usual ports.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Often you can define an ACL to match traffic, allowing it, and then look at the ACL counters.  They should work fine on a 7200, not as sure about a ASR9K, as the latter probably has special hardware to support ACLs, and matches might not be reflected when you show the ACL.  If not, there may be additional commands to get match stats otherwise.

Also on a 7200, again not sure about the ASR9K, if NBAR is supported, you can use that for matching in CBWFQ class-maps.  They too should have match count stats.  The advantage of NBAR, it might match WEB traffic not using port 80 or Torrent traffic not matching its usual ports.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card