Views
Helpful
Replies

How to increasee number of ssh sessions in SG350

sathyamoorthyr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CISCO SG350 and i need to be able to initiate multiple ssh sessions to the switch and send commands to it. This is required in our automation environment where we have around 20 devices connEcted and powered by CISCOSG350 via its poe capability.

Our automation test suite needs to run in parallel in all 20 devices and there will be steps where we do power outage to  our devices by shutdown of the corresponding port in CISCOSG350 

Currently i'm able to initiate only 3 sessions concurrently to SG350 hence unable to run our automation in parallel across all 20 devices connected to sg350.

Please help me with the settings/commands required to increase the number of ssh sessions that can be made to SG350

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
I dont think you have the option to do that on an SMB switch there limited compared to catalyst enterprise switches , you just enable it under the TCP/UDP section , there is no where to increase amount of allowed sessions though

Interesting. Just 4 sessions per device seems too less a number. Any way to look at how many sessions are allowed.  

Not that i can see from the admin guides pdf link below , and when i check the actual emulators too i dont see any options to increase it , it is low but these are lower end switches too

page 538 all SSH capabilities on sg350
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350xg/admin_guide/AG_Tesla_350_550.pdf

emulators
https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-online-device/bd-p/911-discussions-online-device-emulators

Hello Mark,

interesting info the emulators links for SMB products!

Thanks for sharing

Best Regards

Giuseppe

No problem Giuseppe glad its useful :)

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

>>

Our automation test suite needs to run in parallel in all 20 devices and there will be steps where we do power outage to our devices by shutdown of the corresponding port in CISCOSG350

Currently i'm able to initiate only 3 sessions concurrently to SG350 hence unable to run our automation in parallel across all 20 devices connected to sg350.

Change your scripts so that using a single SSH session you can shut one by one all the ports as needed.

You cannot require 20 SSH sessions on an SG350 as with 4 sessions normal administration is possible and this is a Small Business product.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

These scripts should run in parallel across these 20 devices and each device has a jenkins job associated to it so whenever a device is free any body can trigger execution on it. 

So using 1 session to iterate over 20 ports and disconnect them would not work as each jenkins job would trigger the scritp and the script would create a session to sg350.

Im thinking of doing something like

1. keep the idle timeout to a very low value like 1 min.

2. after sending the set of commands required for an operation in sg350 disconnect from it instead of maintatining the same session till the script end.

and if any script  could not connect to sg350 keep retrying for around 5 mins until it can connect which means other devices have finished their required operation with sg350.

Basically at any time i would required to interact with SG350 only for couple of minutes and come out. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card