cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to remove 4500x vss configurations

samir khoury
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issue with upgrading the IPbase 4500X to VSS. I like to know how to remove all the VSS configurations and reset the switches by to factory default.

I had many issue configuring vss on 4500X with different license (ipbase, Enterprise).

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to have the same license on both 4500x switches in order to form VSS.  As for changing the mode to stand-alone you can simply convert from VSS to stand-alone and delete the rest of the VSS configs.

HTH

View solution in original post

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I am having issue with upgrading the IPbase 4500X to VSS. I like to know how to remove all the VSS configurations and reset the switches by to factory default.

I had many issue configuring vss on 4500X with different license (ipbase, Enterprise).

thanks

Hi Samir,

Check out the below link under converting active VSS  /Standby switch to standalone switch. It has given good explanation along with command to convert.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/15-1-2/XE_340/configuration/guide/config/vss.html#wp1056162

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps.. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to have the same license on both 4500x switches in order to form VSS.  As for changing the mode to stand-alone you can simply convert from VSS to stand-alone and delete the rest of the VSS configs.

HTH

thank you guys,

You are all correct,

after I posted my question. I went back and thought the license have to match, which was my argument with my colleagues.

I did make sure both switches have the same license. and the IOS. and figured that to remove the VSS configuration was simply to issue the command (switch virtual mode standby). I feel I wasted so much time needlessly on this, but finally things worked out just in time to continue with my project.

once again thank you.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

thanks

Hi Samir,

Check out the below link under converting active VSS  /Standby switch to standalone switch. It has given good explanation along with command to convert.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/15-1-2/XE_340/configuration/guide/config/vss.html#wp1056162

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps.. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card