cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to run script in SecurityCRT to send commands line by line to router

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

Hi When I send a batch of commands to router, the some commands cannot be sent to router correctly. SecurityCRT has some suggestion for this. As it suggested, i did all steps as the below. but my question is how to use it and how to associate it with my purpose, which is to send commands line by line? Anyone can give some suggestion? Thank you

https://www.vandyke.com/support/tips/echoflowctrl.html

Create a button command to run a script

The Run Script command lets you employ a powerful script in VisualBasic, Jscript, Python, or other scripting language, with full access to the SecureCRT interface and shell functionality. SecureCRT 6.6 and later allows arguments to be passed to the script being launched. If you don't have scripts of your own, first download a script from the Support Scripting FAQ section on the VanDyke Software website to your local SecureCRT Scripts folder – or you can choose one of the three sample scripts installed with SecureCRT for Windows. Then you will attach the script to a SecureCRT button command.

1. Download a script from Example Scripts for Windows (we suggest SendData.vbs or SendFile.vbs)or Example Python Scripts for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
  2. Save the file to a local folder.

Now you are ready to map the script to a button.

1. Right-click on an empty area of the button bar and select New Button... to bring up the Map Button dialog.
  2. Choose Run Script from the Function drop-down list.
  3. Click on the center Browse '...' file selector button and navigate to your script file. Click Open.
  4. Enter a button label and click OK.

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you mean SecureCRT.

Perhaps post a section of script with the issue, and state what platform you are using (Windows, Linux, etc) as SecureCRT uses a different scripting engine on different platforms.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card