Views
Helpful
Replies

How to see the CISCO 3850 Switch per CPU usage by SNMP

terry_lin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Can I use SNMP to monitor CISCO 3850 4 Core's usage? On the whatsUP 2017, it only see one core not four. I also read the documented " How to Collect CPU Utilization on Cisco IOS Devices Using SNMP", but it doesn't work. I think it maybe has different oib or something I need to poll from 38. Any ideal? Thanks a lot.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the CISCO PROCESS MIB cpmCPUTotalTable (oid 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1) lists all cores with different index values (1000, 2000, etc.).

I don’t think you can read individual core usage at this point, if you use SNMP Object Navigator and drilldown .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1 etc then you won’t see any OID for each core , this means at present Cisco has not included or implemented the OIDs for each core under CISCO-PROCESS-MIB 

Problem I have is that high CPU jumps from one core to another but overall CPU is normal (may be this is not an issue at all) but  I am interested  to find out what is causing these individual core usage to go high.  I want to setup EEM detectors but I cannot at this point using SNMP or Syslog

SNMP:-  No OIDs for each core
Syslog:- process cpu threshold seems to be looking at the overall CPU

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card