cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up NAT loopback on a Cisco EPC3925

AlbertBorgt
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to be able to use NAT loopback on a Cisco EPC3925 so that I can refer from my iPad to the webserver that is located on my iMac on the same LAN by using the external site name. Is that possible and if so, how can I configure the router? Thank you for your help and suggestions!

3 Replies 3

svibeesh85
Level 1
Level 1

can you clarify your question please

I use the Cisco EPC3925 to connect my iMac to the public internet. The iMac runs Apache and hosts a website. The internal ip address of my iMac is 192.168.178.11 and the external ip address (of the cisco router) is 84.27.122.121. The domain name weer.borgt.nl refers to this ip address. So if a computer connected to the internet links to weer.borgt.nl the website on the iMac is responding. However, this does not work on my local network. If I use my iPad, which is connected on my local network then I cannot use the weer.borgt.nl site. I can only connect to my iMac if I use the internal ip address, eg http://192.168.178.11/index.php. This can be solved, I think, if I configure the router to use NAT-loopback. My question is therefore, does the router support thus feature, and if it does, how can I switch it on?

This discussion has been reposted to the CSC Content with No Valid Community to Post community.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card