Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a number of stacked 3750E switches that all have high numbers of output drops on all of the interfaces that are up:Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------* ...

Hello, I wonder if someone can help me with a seemingly simple but elusive question.  I'm looking to make a purchase of several SFP-10G-LRM modules to support 10Gb communications over our OS2 fibre infrastructure.  All runs are less than 300m so this...

Fencer128 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We currently have 2 Unit of Catalyst 4503 Classic Chassis with WS-X4013+TS Supervisor Engine and WS-X4448-GB-RJ45, and one empty slot. We also have few unit of Catalyst 2960G distribution switches to connect to our workstation.If we want to upg...

One of the questions I have is how normally are management SVIs traffic marked for QoS?  We have a management VLAN for our Layer2, but since I can't apply a policy-map to an SVI how does traffic generated by the switch (i.e. return traffic for manage...

Erik by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Discover - BroadcastOffer - UnicastRequest - BroadcastAck - Unicast How it is possible that OFFER and ACK sent by DHCP server is Unicast when Client host doesn't have IP address yet? Confused, please clarify.

I am setting up a Lync System and need to add a vlan for our external interfaces (10.10.9.X/24) on the Virtual Machines. I have all the IPs setup and the vlan has the port assigned but I can only ping the address of the vlan adapter. The addresses in...

dbrill001 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Wondering if anyone can agree/disagree.I've seen voice vlan configurations on ports with no voice device attached cause problems, so I always make sure the port configuration is updated per the end device instead of leaving all ports for a switch ...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all, I have to say I used to be spoiled a bit w/ this one view in our old Nortel Java Device Manager...  I used to be able to select all ports on a switch, right click, edit, and it'd show me all kinds of stats. One of them I could sort by, is ...

Hello, Driving myself crazy here trying to get my Cisco Nexus 1000v switches stood up and talking with the rest of my network.Version 5.2(1) SV3 (1.3) I have three hosts, ESXi 5.5 Enterprise Plus, and I have stood up a pair of VSM modules in HA for t...

Unable to consistently ping a device from the 3750x that is connected to a vlan on the 2960x stack (po1 between 3750x and 2960x).  ARP statements appear normally in 3750x, where the interface vlan resides.  The device is pingable from through the 375...

Resolved! NewB DHCP question

Hello there,I am new here, so hello to all.I am a networking student, and trying to set up DHCP server on Cisco Routers and ISRs.The problem I will mention below relates to Cisco 867VAE. I have attached the config file for ready reference. The proble...

Hi mates,I am creating a Cluster Active-Passive Fortigate with two Heartbeat interface through CIsco Switch. My trouble is that don'w know if this Cisco switch support the ethertype 0X8890 that is used by Fortigate to create the Heartbeat interfaces ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card