cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to terminate a telnet session on nexus 9k switch?

Herman2018
Level 3
Level 3

Hi , anyone can please advise how to terminate a telnet session on nexus 9k switch? tried CTL+SHIFT+6 ,THEN type X, but it doesn't work. please advise, thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies 8

switch# clear line vty-line

clear line vty-line <<- this will terminate vty (telnet) line 

thanks @MHM Cisco World for your advice, but this telnet session is from nexus 9k to a linux server, I ssh to nexus 9k ,then telnet linux-ip port , then stuck there, can't terminate the telnet session. can you please your command works? and how to confirm vty-line ? I tried to run the command "show users" , and it only displays ssh session only, no outgoing telnet session. Please advise, thanks.

I will check in my lab 

Thanks @MHM Cisco World for your test. But it is not what I meant. as I mentioned above, I ssh to nexus 9k switch, then from this nexus run the command "telnet linux-svr-ip  port" , telnet status is connected, then stuck there, can't exit from it. What you tested is you telnet to nexus switch, then tried to terminate this telnet session. It is different. 

you can terminate it in telnet destination (show above) or from the NSK via exit 

Screenshot (829).png

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

You can terminate a Telnet session originating from the command line of a Nexus switch running NX-OS with the Control+] key combination, then entering the quit command. An example is shown below from a switch in my lab:

switch# telnet 172.18.230.232 2018 vrf management
Trying 172.18.230.232...
Connected to 172.18.230.232.
Escape character is '^]'.
CCCC
Press RETURN to get started!
^] <<< Control+] here
dcos-telnet> quit
Connection closed.
switch#

I hope this helps - thank you!

-Christopher

@Christopher Hart , thanks a lot for your help! it works. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card