cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use sg300-10t to be access switch (manage switches)

Micco
Level 1
Level 1

i have two managed switches i'm planning to create vlan in sg 300-28p and connect it to sg 300-10p.

Can i make sg 300-10p to be access switch?

micko.png

7 Replies 7

Hello,

not sure what you are after exactly, but if you want to device to act as a switch only, you have to set the system mode to L2 (page 77 of the attached admin guide):

Administration > System Settings > System Mode > L2

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/Cisco_300Sx_v1_4_AG.pdf

I want to put a vlan on 28 ports  and making sg 300 10p to be just a access switch is that possible? 

Hello
Personally I have not worked on these switches but what your are asking basically is you want that 300-10p switch running as a host switch which is totally applicable

So then your topology would be- 
The 300-28 switch will run as the core switch with the L2/3 vlans and that will be interconnected via a trunk to the 300-10p switch which will have its access ports assigned the vlan(s) you created on the core.

Lastly the interconnect between the 300-28 and the unmanaged switch will be just a access port in a single specified assigned vlan so the unmanaged switch will run all its port in one vlan

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

is it okay if i don't use trunk ? 

Yes, so a non-trunk port will be an access port.

I have worked with sg300 in the past a little and recall them for their in-built macro.

You can use the following configs & see if it helps ( do note, these are from what i recall )

int gi2

no macro auto smartport

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 10

Hello

@Micco wrote:

is it okay if i don't use trunk ? 

Yes you will only require the trunk if you want multiple vlans to traverse the interconnect between the 300-28<-> 300-10 switch , if your just using the one single vlan then an access port in the specific vlan would be applicable instead 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

how to configure sg300-10t to be just access switch? btw thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card