cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use transreceiver in cisco sg550xg-24f switch?

I have a Dell server that has "Intel X710 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Adapter, PCIe Low Profile, V2" and I can connect CAT 7 cable directly. How to connect CAT 7 cables on a cisco switch that comes with SFP+ ports? if we purchase in future CBS350-24P-4X switch it come with four SFP+ ports. 

Question-

1. How to convert SFP+ to RJ45 so that I can use CAT 7 wire?

2. If we have to use a trans receiver which one/type to use?

3. How to setup VLAN on SFP+ ports?  My sg550xg-24f has 2 SFP+ ports I see in interface LAG section not XG

2 Replies 2

@mayank srivastava hello, 

i assume you are using 10Gbps, copper transceiver at dell server side because you mentioned you are using CAT7. CBS350 series do not have 10Gbps copper capability. you can use CBS350-24XT or similar model to get copper 10G ports.

if you have fiber transceivers for dell server side, you can use fiber 10G transceiver at CBS350-24P-4X but you need to use fiber cables to connect. use this tool to check transceiver compatibility for cisco devices. https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/

LAG option is using to create port aggregation. you can bind VLANs for any ports.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Actually, when we ordered our Dell Servers, we were not sure about SFP+(we were only concerned it should be 10G). We ordered "Intel X710 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Adapter, PCIe Low Profile, V2" as it was only a 10G option. On Dell's website, it says the port supports 10G Ethernet.

Therefore, In order to use SFP+ ports on my Cisco switch I should get trans receiver that convert SFP+ to Ethernet? Yes, I am aware that we can but copper 10G switch but we are thinking as a cost savior approach to get a Cisco switch with SFP+ and transceiver.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card