Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am unable to solve this.

Choose a university/college campus and analyze its network topology. Map the network using Cisco Packet Tracer and identify the security
controls that are in place, such as network segmentation, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, and authentication and authorization systems. Apply the knowledge
gained from the NetAcad cyber security course to conduct an attack surface mapping, aiming to identify potential entry points for cyber-attacks. Propose
countermeasures to mitigate these risks.
Tasks:
1. Campus Network Analysis: Choose a university or college campus and conduct an analysis of its existing network topology, including the layout, devices, and
connections.
2. Network Mapping: Utilize Cisco Packet Tracer to map the network infrastructure, representing the placement and interconnectivity of routers, switches, firewalls, and
other relevant network components.
3. Attack Surface Mapping: Conduct an attack surface mapping exercise to identify potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses within the network architecture and design,
considering factors such as unauthorized access, data breaches, and network availability.
4. Secure Access Controls: Incorporate appropriate security controls (e.g., VLANs, IDP/IPS, VPN, Firewalls, password management, vulnerability management etc.) in
your design to enhance security posture.

8 Replies 8

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @vedant20scse1010539

Please share your PT design first even if it's incomplete.

We could all discuss exchange around this design.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

sir i am unable to solve this

Could you please help

Hi @vedant20scse1010539 

What did you do so far? Share the Project file here and tell what help do you need

Zip the file before attach

Good day to you sir, I am also having difficulty figuring out how to solve it. I have basic knowledge about packet tracer.

@kamranshareef 

Create a new post and attach the project there and let me know

I have created a post

This looks to be a homework assignment that another student posted as well. EXACT same assignment. You will need to create the topology in packet tracer along with IP addresses and connectivity. Then ask specific questions on what exactly you need help with. All of it is not an answer as we wont do your assignment for you.

-David

Hi Sir,

This is vinutha here. I also had the assignment but I was able to solve first 2 tasks. I have designed the network topology as well with connectivity.

I need help in 3 and 4th task. I have attached the same below.  Please check and help. 

3. Attack Surface Mapping: Conduct an attack surface mapping exercise to identify potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses within the network architecture and design,
considering factors such as unauthorized access, data breaches, and network availability.
4. Secure Access Controls: Incorporate appropriate security controls (e.g., VLANs, IDP/IPS, VPN, Firewalls, password management, vulnerability management etc.) in
your design to enhance security posture

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card