cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can connect to the Cisco 2811 with console cable and this is the log file in Attachment. What's the problem with my router?

vladimir-simic
Level 1
Level 1

<br mcebogus="1"></p>

4 Replies 4

First try to upgrade your router to a more recent version. These are often bugs.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

TY Karsten! I'll try to do it

I agree with Karsten that when you get memory allocation failures and indications of fragmented memory that it usually indicates a software problem and that upgrading the software is the most effective solution.

We do not have an indication of how long the router has been up and running. If it has been up for a long time then it is possible that the problem is a slow memory leak and that rebooting the router might get it back to a normal running environment. Of course doing this is not a permanent fix. But it would make it easier to do the code upgrade if the router were running in the normal state.

We also do not know if the code on this router has been recently upgraded. In that case it is likely that the router does not have sufficient memory to run the tasks that are configured. I recently had an experience like that. I upgraded code on a router that was running BGP with an ISP. The code loaded ok. But as the router attempted to build the BGP routing table it ran out of memory. In this case the solution was fairly simple - we reverted to the old code and the router was able to function as before (while we addressed the need to upgrade memory). Perhaps the situation with this router is somewhat similar?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I'll try to do it

Thanks for a comprehensive reply

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card