Views
Helpful
Replies

ICND1 Network Simulator Lab 1

donald.hefferon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, first post,

I got Wendel Odom's 640-822 Cert guide and I've been working through it over the last couple of months, great book. I just started the network simulator labs (Lab 1: Configuring IP Addresses I), and of course I got stuck immediately. It says I'm supposed to be configuring SW1, but the interface has me logging into R1, and SW1 isn't configured so I can't access it. Please tell me I am missing something obvious.

This is a copy of the opening lines, as you can see, I'm in Router 1 instead of Switch 1. The .pdf that came with the simulator doesn't say anything about this.

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/0, changed state to up

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial0/0/0, changed state to down

% Login disabled on console 0, until 'password' is set%

% Login disabled on line 0, until 'password' is set%

% Login disabled on line 1, until 'password' is set%

% Login disabled on line 2, until 'password' is set%

% Login disabled on line 3, until 'password' is set%

% Login disabled on line 4, until 'password' is set%

%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial0/0/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0/0/0, changed state to up

Press RETURN to get started.

User Access Verification

Password:

R1>

I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

2 Replies 2

paulstone80
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Donald,

I'm not familiar with the network simulator labs for ICND1, what software are you using for the lab environment?

Normally you would be able to select the device you want to configure by selecting the device on a network map or similar. Do you have a feature like this in the lab?

HTH

Paul

****Please rate useful posts****

HTH Paul ****Please rate useful posts****

It's the network simulator that came with the textbook, it's very limited.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card