cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE 1000 switch in boot loop

irwinsnowbum
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 8 port IE 1000 that is stuck in a boot loop. Initially I accessed the device on 192.168.1.254/24 from the webpage 192.168.1.1 when that worked I accessed 192.168.1.254 via SSH and pushed a config in and did a reload.  Now the switch is stuck in a boot loop and goes from POST (SYS light Blank) to Exiting POST/Initializing  (Sys light Solid) to INIT done (SYS and Alarms LED are both green) however, it doesn't stya in the INIT done state long enough for me to depress the express setup switch for 15-20 seconds instead the switch cuts off and boots back into POST.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Console into the switch and reboot.
Post the entire boot-up process.

Unfortunately there is NO console port on these mini switches.  You have to hold the express setup button for 15-20 seconds then it defaults to 192.168.1.254/24 which you then web or ssh into.  It is a minimalist switch and several traditional Cisco command syntax didn't work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card