Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Switch Firmware

Our case is that Cisco switches are installed in an offshore production system and upgrade of firmware will not be an easy task, so motivation is to upgrade switch firmware only incase there is urgent or critical improvements that current firmware version is missing.
What is your firmware upgrade recommendation for following switch model and firmware version.

1. Cisco Catalyst 3750-X
- 12.2(55)SE3
- 12.2(55)SE5
- 15.0(2)SE6

2. Cisco IE 3000
- 15.0(2)EY1
- 15.0(2)SE2

3. Cisco Catalyst 9300

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Cisco offers so called gold-starred release(s) for a particular platform; if  you to cisco.com and subsequently software downloads , where you can then choose you particular platform and or switch to download software for. These releases are advisable for a particular train or global , if no specific train is has a gold-stared release and there is only one marked. If your devices are however functioning normal and no problems are seen , you should not upgrade.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
3750X = 15.2(4)E9

josef.kokal
Level 1
Level 1

For the C9000 you can go with 16.9.4 or 16.9.5
Both are fine

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card