cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-2000 wont enter Express Setup

IanShaw
Level 1
Level 1

I have a IE-2000-16TC-GE-RF that I'm trying to set up. (The RF indicates certified ReFresh by Cisco, so I'm expecting it to be 'as new').

The Cisco IE 2000 Switch Hardware Installation Guide tells me to power up the switch, then press in the Express Setup until a port LED blinks green, then plug in a Cat 5 cable. 

The LED port never blinks green, so I'm stuck. Can anyone help me get started? I'm a first time user of Cisco switches.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Contact TAC , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Attach a console terminal  , and check the boot process , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

USB Connection: power up sequence ends with:

File “flash:/ie2000u-lanbasek9-mz-152-7.E2.bin uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x1000000

Executing…

%Software-forced reload

According to the manual I should get a prompt: Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]: yes

I don’t get any prompt.

- Check configuration of the console port : 

baud rate: 9600
          data bits: 8
          parity:  None
          stop bits: 1

And flow control must be off , 

M.

Those are correct. I can see text on the console window, but it never gets as far as the prompt. 

Is there any way of doing a factory reset, and would it be likely to help? I assume it's in the factory reset state anyway, when you unbox it. 

>....I can see text on the console window, 
                        Post this text (by console log or screenshot)

M.

SYS light is green; EXP is off; USB is off (I'm not currently connected); all Alarm and Port lights are off. Here is the console log from my last USB session. 

Base ethernet MAC Address: 04:bd:97:02:bc:00
Xmodem file system is available.
The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.
Initializing Flash...
mifs[2]: 8 files, 1 directories
mifs[2]: Total bytes : 1806336
mifs[2]: Bytes used : 550912
mifs[2]: Bytes available : 1255424
mifs[2]: mifs fsck took 0 seconds.
mifs[3]: 1 files, 1 directories
mifs[3]: Total bytes : 3870720
mifs[3]: Bytes used : 133632
mifs[3]: Bytes available : 3737088
mifs[3]: mifs fsck took 0 seconds.
mifs[4]: 5 files, 1 directories
mifs[4]: Total bytes : 258048
mifs[4]: Bytes used : 9216
mifs[4]: Bytes available : 248832
mifs[4]: mifs fsck took 0 seconds.
mifs[5]: 5 files, 1 directories
mifs[5]: Total bytes : 258048
mifs[5]: Bytes used : 9216
mifs[5]: Bytes available : 248832
mifs[5]: mifs fsck took 1 seconds.
mifs[6]: 1 files, 1 directories
mifs[6]: Total bytes : 57931776
mifs[6]: Bytes used : 18982912
mifs[6]: Bytes available : 38948864
mifs[6]: mifs fsck took 0 seconds.
...done Initializing Flash.
done.
SD card is not present.
Loading "flash:/ie2000u-lanbasek9-mz.152-7.E2.bin"...######################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################
###############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

File "flash:/ie2000u-lanbasek9-mz.152-7.E2.bin" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x1000000
executing...

%Software-forced reload

IanShaw
Level 1
Level 1

On boot up, the SYS light flashes as it should during fast boot and then is steady. It's at this point that pressing the Express Setup button has no effect. 

I've tried the reset routine of holding the Express Setup button during power up until the lights go red. When I release the button, the lights are suppose to go out and I should press and hold the Express Setup again. Instead, the lights don't go out and the SYS light remains flashing forever, whether or not I hold in the Express Setup button.

- Contact TAC , 

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card