Views
Helpful
Replies

IE Switch Device Manager (Web GUI): Power Management configuration bug

Jon211
Level 1
Level 1

On a Cisco IE4010 - Industrial Ethernet Switch Device Manager (Web GUI):

If I go to Configure > Power Management, click on any row in the table corresponding to an interface, and try to change any property (e.g., change the Mode from Auto to Disable) and click Save, I get an error:

"Please enter the total power value as whole number between 4 to 130."

(see attached screenshot).

This is a bug, right?

Software version: 15.2(8)E5 (Crypto) UNIVERSAL

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the device just after try this (too)  ; look for additional errors if any (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

This is a bug in the web GUI (in the JavaScript). No command ever even gets sent to the switch, so the switch of course does not log an error.

>....This is a bug in the web GUI (in the JavaScript). 
  - Can you then try to configure this value using the CLI instead ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It works fine using the CLI.

To be clear, I was not looking for a workaround (e.g., using the CLI). I just wanted to confirm if anyone else is seeing this problem in the web GUI and if so, I want to report it to Cisco so it gets fixed.

- Good plan (making a bug report) , 

M.

How can I report a bug without buying a SMARTnet support contract?

shughesj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not an IE engineer, however I will attempt to recreate in my lab. Will follow up afterwards. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card