cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE1000 SNMP Variables Missing

marcusvmc
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to monitor an IE1000 switch via SNMP however, I can't find some variables (CPU, memory, temperature) using snmpwalk. Is it possible to get such variables using snmpget? If not, any suggestions other than using SNMP?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you get any results of SNMP walk or totally empty ? or failing?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/connectedgrid/cg-switch-sw-master/software/configuration/guide/sysmgmt/CGS_1000_Sysmgmt/sm_snmp.html

You need to get MIB related to the model, get this file, and test.

http://www.circitor.fr/Mibs/Html/C/CISCO-IE1000-MIB.php

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm sorry but I don't get how this is helpful.

Installing this MIB on the server would only translate an OID to its textual form. Right?

I mean to say, some products may required additional MIB files in general I commented.

I can't find some variables (CPU, memory, temperature) using snmpwalk.

as I mentioned - "Do you get any results of SNMP walk or totally empty? or failing?"  

Although the switch does not support the Cisco Data Collection MIB, you can use the command-line interface to periodically transfer selected MIB data to specified NMS stations. You can also configure a Cisco Process MIB CPU threshold table.

Configuring MIB Data Collection and Transfer

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I mean to say, some products may required additional MIB files in general I commented

Ok. But MIB's are useful when you need to translate OID and display names

as I mentioned - "Do you get any results of SNMP walk or totally empty? or failing?" 

I successfully got all possible results from snmpwalk but I can't find the ones related to CPU and Temperature.

You can also configure a Cisco Process MIB CPU threshold table.

I looked it up and it seems that this kind of resource is available only on IOS devices. IE1000 runs a special image (ie1000-universalk9(1.6))

I apologize for the insistence but I can't see where you are pointing me at.

Thank you anyways for the help so for.

I get (a lot) of results from snmpwalk. The problem is that I can't find CPU usage or temperature for example. And I'm starting to think that is not possible. From the datasheet, you can see that it only has MIB-II.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card