cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE3400 HSR Ring 100 MBit Fiber to Copper conversion

lukas95
Level 1
Level 1

We want to connect several third party devices in a HSR (High-Avail. Seamless Redundancy) Ring using Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Rugged Series.

The other devices are 100 MBit Copper and there is a Fiber Link between two locations in the Ring, so we plan to use Switches in both sides for the Conversion, with SFP in Port 1/1, 1/2 in the Ring to convert Copper to Fiber.

What i see in the manual its described that both Ports in the HSR ring must have the same Speed and Duplex settings, however in the Datasheet the IE3400 i don't see any 100 MBit Copper SFP. Is it possible to configure the GLC-T-RGD= SFP to 100 MBit or any other solution to have the HSR Ring Copper and Fiber 100 MBit without needing external converters?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ring only form between IE to IE - are you looking any device in the path

or end device you looking to connect port using GLC ?

as per compatable - GLC-T-RGD= works with IE3400

You can use SFP ports for this. (is this what you looking ?)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/cisco_ie3X00/software/17_4/b_redundancy_17-4_iot_switch_cg/m_hsr_iosxe_iotswitch.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes there are other Devices in the HSR Ring with 100 MBit Copper Ports, so the IE3400 would need to have one SFP Fiber 100 MBit (GLC-FE-100LX-RGD=) and one SFP Copper 100 MBit, however its not clear to me from looking at the Datasheet if 100 MBit is an option because all SFP listed are 1000 MBit only in the Table... 

I understand GLC-T-RGD= could only be used with IE3400 in my HSR ring if it can be configured to 100 MBit ... ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card