cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL on Upgrade - (2960X)

Sheldon Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

After we upgraded 2 Cisco Switches:

15.2(3)E1 WS-C2960X-48FPS-L
15.2(4)E1 WS-C2960X-48LPS-L

With the firmware c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-7.E One of them (48FPS-L) with the older firmware threw the error ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL (Informing me that the switch is not genuine) but the other one with the slightly higher firmware got updated perfectly!

I have read online that the only solution is to contact Cisco Vendor for RMA. But does someone know as to why the error has come up as I'm using the same TAR File to update both the switches..

The difference between the FPS-L and LPS-L is POE....

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You would need to speak to TAC to get the actual trigger but one of the docs im reading on this states the below

The root cause of the issue is related to the "internal i2c bus" getting into a bad state.

Some of the BUG ids also state just try and reboot it

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur56395/?rfs=iqvred
Workaround:Power-cycle the devcie to recover from the condition.

We have tried to reboot the switch multiple times, removed the power cord and waited for 15 mins but no avail.

We have noticed that another 2 switches 48 ports have the same issue. However all the 24 Ports have got update perfectly. It seems to affect 48 Port only! And that too, its some 48 and not all..

I guess TAC would be the only solution..

Yes time for TAC

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Upgrade the firmware.
If the problem persist, contact TAC and organize for an RMA.

Upgraded and downgraded the firmware but the error persists!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card