Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey  I need your help!!! I have a switch Ethernet Industrial IE-3000-8TC-E and I try to connect to FC FastEthernet 10/100M to Firewall CheckPoint /1000M, but the communication fails; I connect the checkpoint firewall to another switch (Cisco Cataly...

I have a switch and router on Packet Tracer and I cannot ping the router from the switch. Below, is the interface script on the switch and the router's f0/0 configuration. Configs: Router:  interface FastEthernet0/0ip address 192.168.20.1 255.255.255...

Hi Expert,%C4K_RKNOVA-2-EDACSOFTERROR: Excessive number of correctable CPU L2 cache soft errorsI don't found in any docs and error decode tool.Anyone have ever got this error messages? is it serious?Thanks in advance.

Rojer-bkk by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We need to replace a VS-SUP2T-10G supervisor engine in a WS-C6509-E. The 6500 has only one supervisor engine so we will obviously need some downtime. We have no test 6500 to install the replacement  supervisor engine to and put on the correct IOS and...

Hello!I am realitvely new to all of this, so please forgive me if i made some very stupid and/or obvious mistakes, but i got a problem:For school i need to create ripv2 in packet tracer and get it to work(you have to be able to ping from any PC to an...

Xyaxx by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have one question and I will try to keep it simple.   I have a Catalyst 2960-CG Series switch. The model I have is WS-C2960CG-8TC-L.   There are 8 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces with Ethernet only connections.   There are 2 interfaces (9 and 10) that ...

Catalyst 2960_image.jpg
wade.jae1 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm using a C2960X.  I enter spanning-tree mode ?.  The options are:mstpvstrapid-pvst I'd like to seek some clarification on the last two options.  1.  What I understand is that using this pvst command will implement a Cisco version of STP/802.1d and...

Waterbird by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi , I have Cisco 4506E (WS-X45-SUP7-E) 2units configured VSS Mode. on the Supervisor card it have 4SFP+ portsPort TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1-2 for VSS connection.Can I use TenGigabitEthernet1/1/3-4 for connecting to switch (data up-link)? Example : ---...

chonman by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Attached is a diagram, would it be fine if glbp is run across the devices R1 & R2 at location B.R1 & R2 are 2 different service providers link which end up on the L3 switch.Would this work for outwards loadbalancing.All hosts are behind the switch...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes