Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration of Cisco Nexus 5548 with Juniper

faizan.mahmood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We are using the Cisco nexus switches in our environment. We want to integrate  the Nexus switches with the juniper switch. We are running the UDLD and CDP on our Cisco switches ( they are Cisco Propriety). 

If we integrate the Cisco Switch with the Juniper does these protocols can cause any problem ??

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
cdp wont even be recognized by juniper but you could run lldp instead it wont cause any issue it just wont respond to any cdp messages as it wont understand them, lldp same thing we use it between our aruba systems and cisco , provides same details nearly of peer physical device / port

udld wont operate with juniper so it wont work but there is a form of workaround with EX series juniper although i never used it or tested it so i cant say it will work

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB13314

Thanks Mark, if i disable the UDLD on our Nexus does it cause any impact on traffic??

No it shouldnt as disabling udld would actually bring back up any downed links by udld but it shouldn't effect any working links but obviously removes the unidirectional protection for them
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card