Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-Vlan routing with dedicated DHCP

Mohammad Faisal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone assist me with my lab? I've been trying for over 4 hours and haven't found a solution for some reason. I have three vlans, numbered 10, 15, and 20. 10 and 20 are clients, while 15 is for the DHCP server. I even made sub-interfaces and set the ports to trunk, but still, my clients can't receive an IP. I also used the "ip helper-address" command and encapsulated the sub-interfaces, but I am still facing this issue. Can someone help me?

Here is the pkt file ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JWtVu2QIx7waem18WD40G9kAri1jkNVo/view?usp=share_link )

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I attached a file with problem fixed.

The problems I have found.

On the file I download, alll PC and Laptop was configured with static IP. It should DHCP.

The switch s2 must have the vlan 15 created, it was not.  You dont need to associante the vlan 15 with any port on switch S2 but you need to create on the switch otherwise, traffic from DHCP server to Router will be blocked on S2.

A created a new DHCP scope for 192.168.1.0/24 and called it ServerPool2. PacketTracer seems not like we edit or change the default DHCP scope which is ServerPool.

If you have any doubt, just let us know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tituscs
Level 1
Level 1

you should have checked gateway reachability from DHCP server . Vlan 15 was missing on Switch2 and Router1 unable to reach DHCP server

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Make sure all the VLAN created on all the switches

2. Make sure spanning tree running on that VLAN

3. From the router are you able to ping that iP address of DHCP Server ?)

4. check all the interfaces up on the path to reach DHCP Server and Router

basic commands to test :

use always Ping and traceroute, show interface commands to check all up and working as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I attached a file with problem fixed.

The problems I have found.

On the file I download, alll PC and Laptop was configured with static IP. It should DHCP.

The switch s2 must have the vlan 15 created, it was not.  You dont need to associante the vlan 15 with any port on switch S2 but you need to create on the switch otherwise, traffic from DHCP server to Router will be blocked on S2.

A created a new DHCP scope for 192.168.1.0/24 and called it ServerPool2. PacketTracer seems not like we edit or change the default DHCP scope which is ServerPool.

If you have any doubt, just let us know.

thank you soo much, I really appreciate it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card