cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interconnection Cisco Catalyst Switch 3750/2960 with Cambium Networks ePMP1000 Connectorized Radio AP

perman6974
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem while connecting Cambium Networks ePMP1000 Connectorized Radio AP with Cisco Catalyst Switch 3750/2960.

Before I connect Cambium Networks ePMP1000 Connectorized Radio AP into my corporate network in this case to Cisco Catalyst Switch 3750/2960 when I test ping between two host for example host A and host B everything is fine no request timed out response.

But after I connect Cambium Networks ePMP1000 Connectorized Radio AP into my corporate network every five or six time reply response following by one time request timed out response.

What should I do in Cisco Catalyst Switch 3750/2960 to solve my issue, for detail information I also attach the logical network diagram.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M. G.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Looking into your diagram first thing that comes to my mind is QoS. Maybe there is a lot of broadcast traffic on the link and ping gets loss due to the traffic on the link. Not sure what is the latency on the link but I am sure that broadcast traffic, arp queries, spanning tree constantly traversing across. As well, what is the reason for the current deployment? You have 2x L3 devices on one side and one L2 device on the other. 

I would suggest to put L3 switch on the left side and have L3 link between the sites as it will minimize the control plane traffic and leave more space for data plane.

HTH,

mg

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

M. G.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Looking into your diagram first thing that comes to my mind is QoS. Maybe there is a lot of broadcast traffic on the link and ping gets loss due to the traffic on the link. Not sure what is the latency on the link but I am sure that broadcast traffic, arp queries, spanning tree constantly traversing across. As well, what is the reason for the current deployment? You have 2x L3 devices on one side and one L2 device on the other. 

I would suggest to put L3 switch on the left side and have L3 link between the sites as it will minimize the control plane traffic and leave more space for data plane.

HTH,

mg

Hi M.G.

Firstly thanks a lot for your suggestion, I think so that problem maybe caused by broadcast traffic and I will try to install L3 device (Cisco 2611) on the other side, and then my concern is for port GigabitEthernet1/0/23 in Cisco Catalyst 3750 (L3) what is the best choice to configure it, as L2 or L3 interface in my current situation? I prefer to configure it as L3 interface instead of L2 interface. What do you think?

Note: please see at file Corrective Action.pdf for detail explanation

Best regards,

Perman

Hi, 

I can't check the file as it is blocked in my network.

The suggestion is the following. Have to routers connected point to point. If the network is small and doesn't change a lot you can just add static routing on both sides. If you want to have a routing protocol in place deploy with caution as both link-state and eigrp have pro's and con's. In your case, I would just use static route.

As far as the switch is concerted SVI and routing port are very similar, it is the matter of milliseconds when it comes to detecting the failure and reacting on it. 

deploy VLANs on switches, configure trunk toward routers and have sub interfaces on the routers. Add static routes for the subnets on each side. 
Configure basic QoS to keep important traffic running smoothly.   

Will check your pdf in a few hours and let you know if there is anything I would do differently.  

Regards, 
mg

Dear M.G. & all,

The option to install router in NGF site already executed and the result seem ok, thanks a lot to all for suggestion and attention for this issue.

Regards,

Perman

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My suggestions are below

1. Configure Default (NGF)and static (SKN) route on sites. 

2. Configure L2 port on NGF site toward to Access point, If possible.

3. Configure Strome control on SKN switch GIG1/0/23 and NGF 0/2 switch port for control Broadcast and multicast traffic. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I will try to do each possibility solution for this issue.

Best regards,

Perman

Hello

In your pre-config you have an extended Layer 2 setup and in your post config you don't?

So the changes you have mage are quite significant, regards re-addressing and attachment of switches and rtrs.

Can you post the configuration of the switches and rtrs please?

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your attention, enclosed are configuration for switch and router in SKN site, unfortunately I have not yet configuration for L2 switch in NGF site because I am not have authorize to access this switch.

Best regards,

Perman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card