Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface slot number question

TheFox
Level 1
Level 1

Studying for ICNDI exam and came across this question:
There is a rogue switch connected to CORE 1. You know that the switch runs a vendor—neutral link layer discovery protocol.
To which port is the rogue switch connected?
Fa1/0/2
Fa1/0/1
Fa2/0/2
Fa2/0/1

It says the answer is Fa2/01. But, why is that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TheFox ,

For that laboratory question, the show lldp neighbors command should indicate the correct slot.

Regards

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @TheFox ,

That question is part of a laboratory within the test.

What is sought is that you know that CDP is a proprietary Cisco protocol, so the show cdp neighbors command will not work in another vendor.

In a neutral-vendor you must occupy the show lldp neighbors command.

By executing that command in the laboratory, you can verify the connected interface.

Regards

@luis_cordova  

That doesn't make much sense in relation to the question I asked. I totally understand CDP and LLDP aspects you just mentioned. But, what about the slot number in the question I listed? It seems to allude that it is different for LLDP. I have searched the internet, my study material, everything... and haven't found anything that talks about it.

Hi @TheFox ,

Within the certification exams comes some laboratories, with a topology already configured.

Within those laboratories, there are questions associated with the laboratory, so the correct answer to the question is found when executing the correct command in that laboratory.

Therefore, the question does not make much sense outside the context of that laboratory.

I am sure that if you are clear about the CDP and LLDP protocols, you will do very well in your certification exam.

Regards

@luis_cordova wrote:

Hi @TheFox ,

Within the certification exams comes some laboratories, with a topology already configured.

Within those laboratories, there are questions associated with the laboratory, so the correct answer to the question is found when executing the correct command in that laboratory.

Therefore, the question does not make much sense outside the context of that laboratory.

I am sure that if you are clear about the CDP and LLDP protocols, you will do very well in your certification exam.

Regards

@luis_cordova 
Still confused. The output from the connected device when given the show archive command is this:

CORE2# show archive

The maximum archive configurations allowed is 14.

The next archive file will be named tftp:l/10.10.10.199/CORE2-(timestamp>-S

Archive # Name

1 tftp://10.10.10.199/ CORE2-Aug-21-ll-ll-ll.344-0

2 tftp://10.10.10.199/COREZ—Aug—21-11—11-11.813-4 <- Most Recent

There is no port information in that result...

Other show commands I have entered do not work in the lab question. Maybe I am not inputting the correct one? 

Hi @TheFox ,

This is the way to find the correct answer in your other post.

Regards 

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

@luis_cordova 

You already said that... what show command do I need to use? 

Hi @TheFox ,

For that laboratory question, the show lldp neighbors command should indicate the correct slot.

Regards

Ok got it. Thanks!

Martin L
VIP
VIP

without topology or some other output, it is hard to find rogue server comes from
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: