cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet access for 2 separate groups of users via 2 separate ISP links from a pair of core switches in VSS?

ericbkchng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

With reference to the attached diagram, let's say I have 2 separate organizations (let's call them Section A and Section B) residing in separate buildings within the same campus. The core switches (6807 with Sup2T) are in a VSS configuration.

My question is, if I want to achieve this:

- Section A users (belonging to a set of VLANs) use only the ISP A link to access the Internet

- Section B users (belonging to another set of VLANs) use only the ISP B link to access the Internet

- The VLAN SVIs all terminate on the core switch

How should I configure the routing so that I can achieve the above, and avoid assymetric routing? Off the top of my head, I was thinking of using VRFs such that Section A users see only Router A (linked to ISP A), and Section B users see only Router B (linked to ISP B), but I was wondering if there is a better way of doing this. 

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Reply 1

S-Lemming
Level 1
Level 1

You could do this with Policy Based Routing.

For instance, you have a default route to ISP A, and want subnets x and y to use ISP B. Set up a Route map to match the source IP subnets for x and y and set next-hop address to ISP B. All other traffic will use ISP A.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card