Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS BACKUP

muraripadhan
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

Please give me the command for IOS backup for Cisco 4006 switch and Allied Telesis X610 switch.

Please Help me for that

I request to everyone

In our network latency is high and packet droppings happen.In every 100 packet 30 packet drops.

My core Switch is Cisco 4006

My another Core is Allied Telesis X610

In my network Cisco 2950, Cisco 2960, Cisco SF300, Cisco SG500 is available.

Please give me some solution and command for rectify the problem in my network.

Please help me 

3 Replies 3

Hi

Below you will find a link with the steps to get an IOS backup for a Cisco devices. Unfortunately Allied Telesis works. Have you verified the spanning-tree behavior on your devices?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/ios-software-releases-122-mainline/46741-backup-config.html

Hope it is useful.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Sir i already tried this but not working in cisco Switch 4006 switch and Allied Telesis also

Try this below on the Cisco switch , that will save it to flash 2 times a day , you can change the path to an ftp tftp etc for remote location

I don't use Allied so I cant really advise on that device but quick google found the admin guide I can see options in it

http://www.alliedtelesis.com/sites/default/files/x610_command_ref_5.4.6-0.x_reva.pdf

archive

log config

hidekeys

path flash:Archive.cfg

maximum 2

write-memory

time-period 1440

If the 4006 is CatOS software use below to save it to nvram

set config mode text auto-save

####################

to find the issue where the drops are get a pc on local access switch and run traceroutes outbound see where there is latency and check that switch that's showing it slower than any other hop

Also check each interface in the path see if there are errors etc on , check the cabling too as a dodgy cable can cause lot of drops or a bad connector , you need to track  src - dst each hop and switch and check each interface

also confirm whethere its only happening with certain apps ,or specific destinations or is the latency only local to the LAN or is it when you cross the WAN etc

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card