Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS compatibility issue

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Everyone,

My old switch software version is c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5 and model number is WS-C3750-48TS-S and

my new switch Software version is c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE5.bin and model number is WS-C3750V2 . I want a compatible (prefer same) version of IOS which works on both the switches as both the switch will be  in a stack..

Regards

4 Replies 4

parisdooz12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Minimum  version for C3750v2 is 12.2(50)SE1, so you need to use at least this  version on the C3750 & C3750v2 if you want to stack them (you need  to have the same version on each switch). Be careful too to have the  same feature on the 2 switches (you have to choose between IP base or IP  services ).

Regards

P.

Can i use ...IP Base on 1 switch and IP Services on another switch .....

will it work if i make satck of these 2 switches ?

if no then what can i do to make IP servies on old switches to match with new switch?

Regards

Actually, if you had 2 x c3750, it would be possible to use 2 different feature set.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml

In the case of a mix of C3750 & C3750v2, it is not totally clear; according to peaople on other posts, it is necesasry, but the best is to test by yourself. The minimum will be to have the same IOS version on the 2 switches. What you could test is:

Test #1: upgrade the C3750 into version 12.2.50(SE5) IP Base, then test the stack (I guess there is no problem of memory on the C3750). Enter command #sh switch to check the state of the switches in the stack

Test #2:  if it doesn't work: you can try using the IP Base feature on the C3750v2 (so it is necessary to use a new image file), or to upgrade the C3750 with IP Services (but it could be a problem of licence).

Regards

I will try and let you know.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card