Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS for Support of OSPF and BGP in 6509-E

rahulja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

If i look at the Feature Navigator , it says that IP Base Supports OSPF and EIGRP. But if i look at the Cisco Link it contradicts the Cisco Feature Navigator.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps5460/prod_bulletin0900aecd80281b17.html

Can someone please confirm, if I have 6509-E with VSS-SUP720-10G and want to run OSPF and BGP on the Switch. What is the IOS i require? WIll IP Base Suffice or i need to take Advance or Enterprise Image.

thanks

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you need to run OSPF and BGP, you need IP services or Advanced IP Services.

The following are major feature highlights in each Cisco IOS Software package:

•  IP Base: Includes basic routing (Routing Information Protocol [RIP],  static routing, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol [EIGRP] Stub,  Protocol Independent Multicast [PIM] Stub), Layer 2 capabilities,  manageability, security, IPv6 host support, and quality of service (QoS)

•  IP Services: Adds advanced IP routing (Open Shortest Path First [OSPF],  EIGRP, Border Gateway Protocol [BGP], PIM), Cisco TrustSec® security (MacSec, Secure Group Tagging(SGT), SGT Exchange Protocol  (SXP), and Security Association Protocal (SAP)), Control and Monitoring  Processor (CMP), and Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP)

•  Advanced IP Services: Adds advanced IPv4 and IPv6 features, Secure  Group Access Control Lists (SGACLs), Layer 3 VPN, and Multiprotocol  Label Switching (MPLS)

•  Advanced Enterprise Services: Full Cisco IOS Software features,  including Ethernet over Multiple Protocol Label Switching (EoMPLS) and  Virtual Private Lan Service (VPLS)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps5460/prod_bulletin0900aecd80281b17_ps708_Products_Bulletin.html

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card