Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS for switch IE-4010 15.2.4-EC2 vs 15.2.8E

Ajit Pai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I'm looking for people willing to share their experience regarding these IOS firmware version for the switch IE-4010:

1. 15.2.4-EC2 released in 2016
  2. 15.2.8E released in 2021

At the moment the Cisco suggested relase is the 15.2.4-EC2 relased in 2016.

Why is there so much discrepancy between the two releases although they are different from a few minor changes?

Has anyone had experience installing the 15.2.8E, 2021 release?

Thank you, best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohsin Alam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not sure where you checked the cisco recommended IOS but if you check on software download page you will find 

15.2.7E2  as suggested one.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286307987/type/280805680/release/15.2.7E2

Also here is what ED and MD means:

Early Deployment (ED): These releases provide both new features and new platform support in addition to bug fixes.

Maintenance Deployment (MD): These releases are used to provide additional support for bug fixes and ongoing software maintenance.

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mohsin Alam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not sure where you checked the cisco recommended IOS but if you check on software download page you will find 

15.2.7E2  as suggested one.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286307987/type/280805680/release/15.2.7E2

Also here is what ED and MD means:

Early Deployment (ED): These releases provide both new features and new platform support in addition to bug fixes.

Maintenance Deployment (MD): These releases are used to provide additional support for bug fixes and ongoing software maintenance.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card