cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Software upgrade on 3750x

matt.polk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a set of 9 3750x switches havet i just purchase for my business. I am in the process of upgrading IOS on one of the switches to match the rest of the switches. I have tried to copy ios from a master switch in a stack with no success. I then resorted to trying to upgrade ios to the newer version with the switch removed from the stack. I ended up having to delete and format the flash: directory due to not haveing enough space to hold the new .tar file. This is where I am running into issues. After successfully copying to new file to flash: with xmodem in hyperterminal I am having trouble setting the switch to boot from this image. when I issue the boot command I get an error saying " magic number mismatch: bad zip file ". I also cannot go into exec mode I am stuck at the switch: prompt. Any suggestions on this issue would be much appreciated!!

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
magic number mismatch: bad zip file

This means the file you've downloaded is corrupted.  This could mean that the file you've download is not complete.

After you've downloaded the file compare the MD5 hash value against the one found in the Cisco website.  If the values don't match, then the file is corrupt.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card