Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I'm looking to create a new DMZ VLAN that is only accessible via our firewall, but I'm thinking of a few different ways to stop inter VLAN routing to this VLAN and was wondering what the best way of doing it would be?The network simplistically...

Most of the reference material I have seen on cisco.com has RT video being marked DSCP 34 and mapped to a CBWFQ.However, part of the Enterprise MediaNet QoS Design document refers to TelePresence traffic being in the strict priority queue which shoul...

gmckay2e2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I always hear that you cannot have a router act as a VTP server to propagate all your VLAN settings out to your switches. I have a Cisco 3550 Switch which is doing inter vlan routing. Can I set this to be in VTP server mode? Its a switch, yet its doi...

ZaneZ by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey everyone, I am running a stack of 3750s (8) at the data center core. It's been up and running for over 2 years with no major issues so far (did I just jinx myself?). Issue is, they are all running the Version 12.2(55)SE1 of the IOS. Is there any ...

Ricky S by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have two Nexus 5548 connected via a vpc link, they are only handling L2 traffic.For management I have setup one SVI on each Nexus ( inband management ),without entering the "management" command on the interface vlan, as I was not aware of it....

Hi allThis morning I rebooted my active VSS switchswitch 2 took the active role and all was OKOnce switch 1 was back up, I failed the supervisor back over to switch 1I noticed the following outputLOCAL    1     UP      FALSE(N )   150(150)  ACTIVE   ...

Hello.We are facing some issues like below.any one can you please brief about this below error%ASR1000_PEM-3-PEMFAIL: The PEM in slot 0 is switched off or encountering a failure condition.%ASR1000_PEM-6-PEMOK: The PEM in slot 0 is functioning properl...

Hi AllI have 3 vlans10 = User network20 = Server Network30 = WANI have an ACL on the VLAN 10 SVI OUTBOUND that (denies all traffic except pings from VLAN 20) and (allows all traffic from VLAN 30)I have an ACL on the VLAN 20 SVI OUTBOUND that (allows ...

frazreid2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card