Views
Helpful
Replies

ios upgrade of 2960

vishalpatil86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my 2960 edge switch through tftpd...

i have configured vlan 1 with IP address 172.16.10.1 and tftpd as 172.16.10.2

I am trying to ping tftpd, but I couldn't, but when I try to ping vlan 1 from tftpd, i can

pls advice..

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vishal,

Use CLI instead.  The command is very, very simple:

1.  If you have a TAR file, then the command is:  archive download-sw [/overwrite] tftp:///FILENAME.TAR

2.  If you have the BIN file, then the command is:  copy tftp:///FILENAME.BIN flash:

IMPORTANT NOTE:   Whatever process you use, make sure you verify the MD5 checksum of the BIN file and compare the values to the Cisco Download website.  This will ensure that the BIN file is not corrupted and was uploaded to the appliance completely.

The command to check the MD5 value is:  verify /md5 flash:FILENAME.BIN

Regards

Please rate if it helps.

hi sandeep,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to use c2960-lanbasek9-mz.150.1-SE3. Is it updated IOS for 2960 24TC-L switch?

Hi Vishal,

I think it is very old version.

I suggest trying out the 12.2(52)SE(This is not the latest nor old) which, while not  the most recent, is reasonably stable. Try using this link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=279963375&flowid=2547&softwareid=280805680&release=12.2.52-SE&rellifecycle=ED&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

You will need to have a valid CCO account and possibly a support contract to be allowed to download the IOS.

REgards

Please rate if it helps.

conf t

int fa0/1

sw mo acc

sw acc vlan 1

speed 100

duplex full

sh

no sh

!

exit

int vlan 1

ip address 172.16.10.1 255.255.255.0

no sh

end

!

copy tftp flash

Make sure that the ip address on your host is having the same subnet masks , that the TFTP service is running and that the IOS is in the TFTP folder.

Remeber not to filter the port 69 and to temporaly shutdown the firewall if on.

HTH

Alessio

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Vishal,

Try shutting down the firewall in your TFTP server. Pls chk the SNM in both TFTP/Switch. It should go through.

Please do rate if the given information helps.

By

Karthik

Hi Karthikeyan,

what is SNM?? One more thing I want to add, the switch is new without any configuration

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card