cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Upgrade

ahmed225@
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3560 switch, I uploaded the latest ios version to the switch and when I reload I get this message "Error loading "c3560e-universalk9-mz.152-4.E8.bin"" and it reload itself again.

Is there any solution to fix this issue?

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ahmed,

use the password recovery procedure to make the switch to stop at rommon mode (you need a console connection and access to the switch to press and release the mode button if I correctly remember)

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/12040-pswdrec-2900xl.html

From there you can mount the flash filesystem and you have a chance to boot with the old image if it is still on the flash:

You may need to upgrade the ROMMON to be able to run the new IOS image. You should read the release notes for the target release.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

This has been my experience as well, ROMMON likely needs updated.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Console into the switch and reboot.
Post the entire boot-up process. We want to see what the switch is actually doing (or trying to do).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card