Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XE: Disable auto QOS, Enable manual QOS

Dean Romanelli
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I have a network of 4 traditional catalyst 2960 switches connected to 1 core 3650 switch running IOS-XE.  My CCNP switch books says "never implement auto qos in conjunction with manual QOS."  However, I am in a position where I must use manual QOS.  Problem is, on the IOS-XE switch, there is no way to trust the DSCP (which I need) on a port other than "auto qos trust dscp," and running that command enables auto qos across the switch.  I see I can run the command "no auto qos srnd4" and that will disable it, but I don't think it allows me to then run the mls qos command and set everything up manually.

Any thoughts on how to solve this? I supposed instead of trusting the ports I could configure my own service policies to re-tag the packets with the right markings, but then with QOS disabled, the map table and queues won't be there.  Or I could just run it together with manual and cross my fingers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Dean,

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly but trust DSCP is enabled by default on the 3560's wired ports and no additional configuration is required.

Link: c3650 QoS CG Trust Behavior

HTH

Rolf

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Dean,

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly but trust DSCP is enabled by default on the 3560's wired ports and no additional configuration is required.

Link: c3650 QoS CG Trust Behavior

HTH

Rolf

That will work.

Thank you Sir.

Rolf,

Does the default trust for DSCP include the trunked uplink ports?

Hi,

follow the link in my first post and have a look at table 9 (Trust and Queuing Behavior):

Incomming Packet: Tagged => Trust Behavoir: Preserve DSCP and CoS; Queuing based on DSCP.

HTH
Rolf

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card