cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ios-xe rollback commands?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have noticed that when trying to install a ios-xe on the new switches , at the end of the "software install file flash:X rollback X" there is a set of rollback commands , seems like a safety feature incase of a os install failure but i cant understand how they work or find any document that explains them?

6 Replies 6

Pradeep Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Software rollback is supported only when the switch is running in “Install” mode. Software rollback is functional only when at least one rollback package with the file name packages.conf.00- is present.

Please find below document which explain well for functionality of software rollback cmd:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/deployment_guide_c07-727067.pdf

HTH,

Pradeep

the document have no mention of the "software install file flash:X rollback X" which are a set of commands 

On what's model of device you are checking?

WS-C3850-24T

Hello,

I have checked on WS-C3850-24T running on 3.7.4 but not getting above mentioned set of cmd .

Could you please confirm mode & IOS version on which switch is running?

the ios is 03.02.03.SE and the syntax is as following:

software install file flash:/cat3k_caa-base.SPA.03.02.03.SE.pkg new ?
auto-rollback - Auto-rollback time
force - Proceed with installation without performing peer package compatibility checks
on-reboot - Suppress reload prompt and do not reload after installation
provisioning-file - Provisioning file to use for installation
switch - Switch(es) where install operation is performed. Default is all switches
verbose - Verbose output

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card