Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS

Anukalp S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

I am planning to run VSS on cisco WS-C4506-E switches, could you pls suggest me stable software version for this. I have below image currently.

cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.05.03.E.152-1.E3.bin

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It all depends on what features you are running.  You would need to read the release notes for the version you want to use before depoying it.  Anyway I use "cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.04.01.SG.151-2.SG1.bin" and it seems to be pretty good.

HTH

Hi Reza,

Actually i have deployed these switches and configured VSS with above mentioned image but we are facing issue is that when we ping gateway ip configured on switch by connecting laptop on same switch, i find avg. latency 4-5ms which is pretty high.

So is this beause of unstable images.

No, that has nothing to do with IOS stability.  Is the laptop connected to the primary switch or stand-by?

Hi Reza..

Problem we are not facing with laptop but even we face it from access switch which is connected to core Active and standby through etherchannel.

Could you pls advise why this is occurring and how to resolve this.

Hi.. Pls suggest on this, also i am facing another issue which is that when any machine, connected to access switch which is connected to core VSS through etherchannel, is disconncted and another machine of same ip and is conncted to switch on same port then this machine doesnt get reachable. Also when i do clear arp the arp entry doest update with new machine.

I dont know why this is happening. Could you pls suggest any resolution.

This  describes how to configure a virtual switching system (VSS) for the Catalyst 4500/4500X series switch (Supervisor Engine 7-E, Supervisor Engine 7L-E, and Catalyst 4500-X). Cisco Release IOS XE 3.4.0SG and later releases support VSS.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/15-1-2/XE_340/configuration/guide/config/vss.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card