Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Address Management Chassis Nexus 7700 with supervisors

willytech007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community

I have a problem with my Nexus 7706, I lost the ssh conectivity with my Chasis Nexus, This happenned after I used the command "system switchover", the second supervisor is the active in this moment

How can I solve this problem? Thnaks for you help.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What IP address do you use to access the Nexus 7706? Is it an in-band IP address assigned to an SVI or a loopback interface? Or is it an out-of-band IP address assigned to the mgmt0 interface on the supervisor?

If you use the out-of-band IP address, is the mgmt0 interface of the second supervisor (which is now the Active supervisor and was previously the Standby supervisor) connected to your out-of-band network?

Thank you!

-Christopher

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you service interuption here or services working as expected after switch over ?

You turn off and turn on the Active (now after switch over) and turn back, make sure you have standby ready, so you can fail over.

Once you do manual switch over you can do another manual switch over :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/high_availability/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_High_Availability_and_Redundancy_Guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_High_Availability_and_Redundancy_Guide_cha...

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What IP address do you use to access the Nexus 7706? Is it an in-band IP address assigned to an SVI or a loopback interface? Or is it an out-of-band IP address assigned to the mgmt0 interface on the supervisor?

If you use the out-of-band IP address, is the mgmt0 interface of the second supervisor (which is now the Active supervisor and was previously the Standby supervisor) connected to your out-of-band network?

Thank you!

-Christopher

Dear @Christopher Hart 

The connection of the primary supervisor was through the mgmt interface, that is with its patchcord, the secondary supervisor (currently active) does not have any cable in its mgmt interface, this I understand is the problem, my question is when I connect the cable, I will access with the same IP with which I used to enter from the primary one or I have to configure a new IP.
Thank you

my question is when I connect the cable, I will access with the same IP with which I used to enter from the primary one or I have to configure a new IP.

Yes, as long as both the primary and backup sups are configured as active and standby, when the primary fails the backup takes over and the management interface on the backup should be used (same IP as primary) to connect to the switch. Of course, you need to connect a cable to the physical port first and configure it the same as the primary one.

HTH

Thanks everyone, I solved the problem, connect second physical cale to switch.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card