Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP DHCP Mac Address Binding Configuration on Web GUI 9300

Hi all,

I wanna configure ip dhcp binding client ip to mac address using web gui. We're using 9300 and DHCP server is here also.

I know how to achieve that using the command line but somehow our client asking to teach them using web gui. Is that possible actually? After spending sometime exploring the web GUI still cannot find the option to do that. Anyone can help me?

Regards,

Faris

13 Replies 13

Hello

Why is a client needing access to the networking hardware you managed?
See here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks for the response. We're about to handover the project to our client(customer) and they will manage by themselves.

I cannot find the way from the link you provided.

We need the core (dhcp server) to bind ip to respective PC/device Mac Address.

Sorry if my first post make you confused.

as suggested the boot PNP or zero-day configuration ? is this what you looking?

or you looking for MAC to IP address for the client device then you need to setup a DHCP Server with MAC address to IP reservation is the right approach?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

Answering your questions:

Q :as suggested the boot PNP or zero-day configuration ? is this what you looking?

A :Honestly i don't have an idea what is this but after some reading it is related to automation that require scripting right?I

Q : or you looking for MAC to IP address for the client device then you need to setup a DHCP Server with MAC address to IP reservation is the right approach?

A : yes, how to do that via 9300 web GUI? i don't see any option to do that.

Thanks for the response.

Thank you for the input, i never used GUI of Cat 9300, and able to confirm it has feature of adding DHCP config using GUI

these device more of Enterprise switches, so they have other tools already in place to handle Those services like DHCP.

If you looking all in GUI they are different model can be available (not that i suggesting you need to change model)

But command level you have all the feature available, if you like we can provide sample config based on the requirement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

Thanks for help. 

Hello,

I checked the entire GUI guide (linked below) but could not find an option to configure client reservations...it does not seem to be there, so you are 'stuck' with the command line.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/17-3/configuration_guide/b-173-9300-cg/b-173-9300-cg_chapter_010.html

Hi,

Yes we're on the same page, still cannot find a way to do that via web GUI. Anyway thanks for the response.

Hello

FYI  - 9300 dhcp

DHCP server

Enabled in Cisco IOS software, requires configuration1

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi ,

Still your post is not helpful at all. Thanks.

Hello

Apologies if I confused you it wasn't intentional - My last post basically states, which is also supported others confirming the same thing, DHCP server on the 9300 is only supported through cli configuration of the switch.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

it is definitely not there, I just checked every available (DHCP) option in the GUI. Yu can do scopes, excluded addresses, and options, so baiscally the usual DHCP pool stuff, but no client reservations...

Hello,

Yes, been checking for that also. So it confirmed there is no option for that particular configuration. Maybe Cisco can consider to put that feature on next GUI release. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card