I'm working on the design of an IP integrated solution which shall combine

IP CCTV

IP TV

IP VIDEO INTERCOM

IP TELEPHONY

IP WIRELESS ACCESS POITS

Data outleet

as mentioned in the attached table

i'm thinking about having access switch at each building , but not sure about the model, will 3750, 3560, or 2960 meet the video requirements?

also i expect to have redundant fiber core switch of 12 ports such as 3750, will it be OK?

other call manager IP Intgrated solution for PALACE for the no of telephone shall be connected to the core switch direct, or shall i have catalyst 4500?

kindly advise about the best design and network deplyment

note that: the 5 building are all inside the palace perimeter IP Intgrated solution for PALACE, so having Fiber to connect between the access switches and the core switch at the data center at the main palace is a must, <BR type="_moz" mozdirty></P>

4 Replies 4

Hi Amir,
Except that much information is missing, I can confidently say that you should not choose any machine less capable that a 3750G in this design. Make sure to evaluate bigger machines to like metro3600X and to avoid single point of failure in the core. One 12port switch would no be ideal for a core network.

Hope this helps
Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

thanx Alessio for kind reply

i think having 3750G as an Access switch will be costly

why do i need that, what about using 3560G as Access switch,

but the question is , what shall i use behind the access, shall i use administration switch, or only core switch?

Yes you can use 3560G Swithc. Morover I would suggest you to use core swithc behind your access switch.

Hi  Amir,

Cisoc already announced EOL/EOS for 3560G Series Switches.For access layer devices connectivity,better to go with 3750G/3750X series Switches.

And for IP telephone, you can use  router based Call manager or UC540/BE 3000...And for Core Connectivity 3750 Fiber siwtches is good enough..

And Connect your IP telephony Device to Core Switch.And Better to use PoE Switches for  connecting Accesss Devices. It wil save the Consumed Power and power outlet requirements.

Regards,

Prakash.M

Presales-Cisco Biz.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card