Helpful
Replies

Ip routing

eliaswazar54520
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Hope this message finds you well,

I did a small topology about network between 6 different Vlans, i have a small problem regarding the ip routing. My advisor told me to configure the ip routing command on Multilayer Switch (shown in the attachment file below). Therefore i did this configure but the problem is the same : i can't communicate with different Vlan. 

Can you help me?

Regards,

Elias.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
You are missing routing between the MLS switches and also the upstream routers, so applying an IGP such as EIGRP with a new routed vlan (100) fixed your problem, lasty advertising a default route from each wan rtr provided egress connectivity for the lan.

What I haven’t done is provided any tracking on the WAN ill leave that for you to figure out - please see atached file.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi @eliaswazar54520 

Can you please answer the following questions:

1.  Who is the DHCP server for these VLANs?

2.  What is the Default Gateway defined under the DHCP Scope?

Please attach the running-config of the switch. Please remember to remove all sensitive information from the file before attaching it.

Spooster IT Services Team

Hello,

which IP address cannot ping which other IP address ? I have opened your file, and everything can ping everything...

When i run the simulation between PC0 or 1 to for example PC5 the result is failed.

Hello
You just need to renew the ip addressing for PC5

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello
You are missing routing between the MLS switches and also the upstream routers, so applying an IGP such as EIGRP with a new routed vlan (100) fixed your problem, lasty advertising a default route from each wan rtr provided egress connectivity for the lan.

What I haven’t done is provided any tracking on the WAN ill leave that for you to figure out - please see atached file.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card